Introduction yuhao wang

Hello. I am a senior majoring in Psychology and Political Science. I worked as a Disability Peer Leader before. And as someone with anxiety, I can personally attest to the importance of care and support. Accessibility of digital content is an integral part of such support for people with disabilities.

I once read an inspiring thought exercise – a mall dismisses the need of ramps at their entrance because no person with wheelchairs ever visits the mall; but in fact, it was exactly the lack of ramps that discouraged anyone on wheelchairs from ever coming.

When I think about accessibility on the web, I want to be the smart mall manager who sees the real underlying problem rather than ignoring altogether the importance of being inclusive and giving support to anyone and everyone who needs it.

Among current Digital Scholarship projects at Carleton, “Witness to the Revolution” interests me the most. Learning more about history always excites me. The project provides a novel approach to experiencing historical events through gaming, which makes learning history more fun and accessible to more students.

The Glass Animals website is running a beta (0780) version of the Glass Animals Open Source operating system. There are a few .txt files with a message from Dave and some lyrics of the band’s songs. There are also a dozen of .png and .jpg screenshots and photographs of historical looking items and events. History is important for us to talk about because we learn from what we accomplished in the past that helps guide us to where we should be working towards in the future.

In the exhibit on A Century of Technology on Europeana, white men have the power. Women who contributed equally to the advancement of technology were missing from the archive. The depiction of technological advancements in history often neglects to mention the importance of minority groups of people. It reminds us again of the importance of being inclusive when designing, narrating, and presenting information.

Categories: Bio